JOECON 2010

The annual US GI Joe convention! Vacation in the Shadows!
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby jamarmiller » 29 Apr 2010 13:57

the bike is what is going to be a bitch to get, its the attendee free toy, you cant buy it
User avatar
Red Laser
don't eat yellow snow
don't eat yellow snow
Posts: 8078
Joined: 19 Jun 2007 22:56
Location: Sittin' on the dock of a bay

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby Red Laser » 29 Apr 2010 14:01

The bike doesn't look too good from what I can tell on this pc is it a prototype in the pic or the finished product?

Changing subject slightly Jammar are you sorted for a copy of GI Joe 155 1/2?
Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

One damn minute, Admiral



Image


"Red! The colour of my Shadows, The colour of fire and of blood......All that I stand for!" Baron Ironblood, Operation Bloodhound
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby jamarmiller » 29 Apr 2010 14:07

Red Laser wrote:The bike doesn't look too good from what I can tell on this pc is it a prototype in the pic or the finished product?

Changing subject slightly Jammar are you sorted for a copy of GI Joe 155 1/2?
that is the final toy, and I actually love it.

and ya Im good with 155 and a 1/2 believe it or not but the comic shop here in Japan got it for me! read it like 4 times already. Not for sure if I will buy the series as im not interested in the book the second it contradicts the ddp stuff, but it was a good read.
User avatar
DAMartin
Knowing isss half the battle
Knowing isss half the battle
Posts: 3909
Joined: 27 Apr 2009 17:37
Location: A farm in Ercilla, Chile

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby DAMartin » 29 Apr 2010 14:09

Sgt Stone looks like the Sigma 6 version with beret, eyepatch and bionic arm. Seems like just like Dial-Tone and Long Range, the later version is becoming more popular than the original one. Though in those other cases, the later guys are explicitly new charas (female Dial-Tone is the original's relative, and latino Long Range has a different filename), so could Sigma 6 Stone be the same as Extreme Stone or not?
PS: "Extreme Stone" sounds like a beer brand :lol:
:cobracommander: "You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... mine."
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby jamarmiller » 29 Apr 2010 14:10

DAMartin wrote:Sgt Stone looks like the Sigma 6 version with beret, eyepatch and bionic arm. Seems like just like Dial-Tone and Long Range, the later version is becoming more popular than the original one. Though in those other cases, the later guys are explicitly new charas (female Dial-Tone is the original's relative, and latino Long Range has a different filename), so could Sigma 6 Stone be the same as Extreme Stone or not?
PS: "Extreme Stone" sounds like a beer brand :lol:
Extreme stone is sadly a different character

one is british one is a american marine LT
User avatar
Draikar
Private
Private
Posts: 46
Joined: 23 Feb 2010 21:49
Location: Schenectady New York, USA
Contact:

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby Draikar » 29 Apr 2010 14:12

That Lt. Stone with the green hand, is he a convention figure? I ask because a few days ago I seen that in a google image search and did not think anything of it.
Amarican Red Shadows officer
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby jamarmiller » 29 Apr 2010 14:13

Draikar wrote:That Lt. Stone with the green hand, is he a convention figure? I ask because a few days ago I seen that in a google image search and did not think anything of it.
its just a custom not a convention figure
User avatar
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1
Posts: 14676
Joined: 18 Sep 2012 05:10
Location: Secret HQ

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby The Baron » 29 Apr 2010 15:34

Hot damn!
spiderpumpkin wrote:From joecustoms forum:

Z-Force Figure 3 Pack LE 650 -- $65

Q-Force Figure 2 Pack w/Kayaks LE 650 - $48

Red Shadows Secret Base LE 500 - $48 (SW Endor Bunker)

Red Shadows Staff Car LE 500 - $34 (Indy Jones Staff Car)

12" Henchmen Fig LE 200 - $49 From weapons factory @ spy island

2 T-shirts, 1-AT, 1 Red Shadows
Please can I have a link to the discussion?

Ah! Found it: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewto ... 52&t=23018
Sundance
Friendly Dragonfly Inbound
Friendly Dragonfly Inbound
Posts: 5037
Joined: 20 Jan 2009 11:14

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby Sundance » 29 Apr 2010 15:39

*cough*
User avatar
steve2477
Q Force
Q Force
Posts: 456
Joined: 14 Aug 2009 01:09
Location: Essex

Re: JOECON 2010

Postby steve2477 » 29 Apr 2010 16:56

These are some great sets coming out in this Joecon. I wish i could be there to buy it all.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest