well, if it was just a mob of us from here, we wouldn't need to advertise...
I am sure joecustoms members would be interested too you should see the amount of Shadow customs on there
at the end of the day if it were to be taken seriously we'd have to have advertise it. It's how you generate interest which in turn generates revenue which would support the forum for years to come.
Eddie is right. I attend a show in some form every other week, it exhausting, but believe me so much work goes into a gathering of any kind - many of them don't even cover costs - purely becuase the lack of attendance. If it was a forum meet up, genuinley how many from our small community would make it? Who would cover the costs of the venue hire, what would be on offer? What dealers would be prepared to help finance it?
IF there was a convention in the UK, what sort of things would everybody like to see? It could be anything, just go for it.
Have your wish list like this;
1) Dealer Hall - gotta go home with a nice haul of new figures.
2) Show Exclusive - doesn't need to be a figure, something special to mark the occasion, an exclusive Red Dawn cover for example.
3) Talks - there is some great knowledge out there, great platform to present and impart the knowledge.
4) Guests - Ex-employees are a BIG ask (they have been hit by the Action Man community), however I think comic artists are possible from what I've seen and used to people geeking out around them.
5) Exhibition - Something to see, could be a toy exhibition or even a Muton World Tour map.
6) Competition - this could be from a 'timed custom' event or custom costume etc.
7) Website & revival - a chance to promote associated websites, but also of projects like Red Dawn etc.
Auction - A chance to get Eddie pissed and get him to bid Â£600 on a loose Muton.
Give me some ideas and maybe we can do something with them, I'd be up for kick starting something off, and with some of the dealers I know, I think a few could be interested in supporting the event, as long as people's expectations aren't too high, you gotta start somewhere.