History of Palitoy - How Much Would You Pay?

Polls and surveys. Have your say!

How much would you pay for a history of Palitoy?

GBP 100
18%
GBP 75
No votes
GBP 50
27%
GBP 30
36%
GBP 25
18%

Total votes: 11
Quickfire
Make sure every bullet finds a billet

History of Palitoy - How Much Would You Pay?

Postby Quickfire » 31 Dec 2014 13:11

Kameraden!

How much would you pay for a History of Palitoy and/or composite Collector's Guide, Palitoy Advert Archive, History of Action Force all in one?

To unscientifically generalise, 20-30 of us regularly pay for exclusives, maybe 50 are interested, a print or manufacturing run of 100 leaves a surplus of 50 items.

On that basis, instead of assuming that each item comes out individually, curious whether wrapping everything up into one publication would create a critical mass of interest to get the project underway once and for all. However, a History of Palitoy itself would be saleable to a wider audience, including via kindle at a lower price etc.

I want to read the Collector's Guide and History of Palitoy, after finding out about the advert archive etc. my interest grew - just as did the realisation that something of this type might never happen for whatever reasons... Blame it on getting old and cynical.

Mit herzlichen Grüßen,

:quick:
2014 was proudly brought to you by :enemy: :baron: :major: :laser: :vulture: :jackal: :wolf: :muton: :shadow: :kraken: :skeletron: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :torch: :skeletron2: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow:
2015 was proudly brought to you by :enemy: :baron: :major: :laser: :vulture: :jackal: :wolf: :muton: :shadow: :kraken: :skeletron: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :torch: :skeletron2: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow:
2016 is proudly brought to you by the far superior "Behavioural Change Consultant and Performance Coach Ltd."
SteveD
Assassin
Assassin

Re: History of Palitoy - How Much Would You Pay?

Postby SteveD » 01 Jan 2015 13:36

This is something many have considered, myself included, but it usually grinds to a halt at the ideas stage. I'd love to see one well done though, as a definitive guide.
Alte Volat

"BFTB Elite??? Moi??? Ooooooo, Missus - Titter ye not!"
Quickfire

Postby Quickfire » 04 Jan 2015 11:05

SteveD wrote:This is something many have considered, myself included, but it usually grinds to a halt at the ideas stage. I'd love to see one well done though, as a definitive guide.
Perhaps it's time to consider it again Herr Dawson :. ...

There could be something modular, all the text and references and illustrations etc. would match up but :wolf: Star Wars, VAM, :AFLogo: and other sections also work as stand-alone products. Such an approach would easily incorporate a stand-alone :originalaf: :AFLogo: :enemy: :af: :palcobra: Collectors Guide.

The other thing I forgot to mention/ask/flag is whether Bob Brechin's opus is any nearer to completion, does anyone know?

2014 was proudly brought to you by :enemy: :baron: :major: :laser: :vulture: :jackal: :wolf: :muton: :shadow: :kraken: :skeletron: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :torch: :skeletron2: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow:
2015 was proudly brought to you by :enemy: :baron: :major: :laser: :vulture: :jackal: :wolf: :muton: :shadow: :kraken: :skeletron: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :torch: :skeletron2: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow:
2016 is proudly brought to you by the far superior "Behavioural Change Consultant and Performance Coach Ltd."
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1

Postby The Baron » 09 Jan 2015 20:33

I've plotted all the layouts for the Collector's Guide, just need a hand doing the 300 pages! When I get time I'll open up a sub-forum as a new group project.
wolforrest
Spezial Antiterror-Team
Spezial Antiterror-Team

Postby wolforrest » 09 Jan 2015 20:55

Do you need anymore photos Jim?
Not here for a long time, just here for a good time.
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1

Postby The Baron » 10 Jan 2015 00:47

Lots! Pretty all of the German figures, a few cardbacks that have dogged me since the site started. Here's a list but there may be a few more bits too.

SAS Frogman - 1984 'Yellow Circle' MOC
Z Force Captain - 1984 Skeletron card back
Z Force Infantryman - 1984 'Yellow Circle' MOC / 1984 Skeletron card back
Z Force Sapper - 1984 'Yellow Circle' MOC / 1984 Skeletron card back
Space Force Patroller - 1984 'Yellow Circle' MOC / 1984 Skeletron card back

Die Terror Bande Baron Eisenblut - loose + isometrics / accessories
Die Terror Bande Rote Schatten - loose + isometrics / accessories
Die Terror Bande Schwarzer Major - loose + isometrics / accessories
SATT Adler - loose + isometrics / accessories
SATT Barracuda - loose + isometrics / accessories
SATT Chopper - loose + isometrics / accessories
SATT Schnellfeuer - loose + isometrics / accessories
ATT Brecher - loose + isometrics / accessories
ATT Kapitan - loose + isometrics / accessories
ATT Polizist - loose + isometrics / accessories
ATT Spurhund - loose + isometrics / accessories
TSATT Hai - loose + isometrics / accessories
TSATT Leguan - loose + isometrics / accessories
TSATT Phoner - loose + isometrics / accessories
WATT Condore - loose + isometrics / accessories
WATT Himmelssturmer - loose + isometrics / accessories
WATT Meteor - loose + isometrics / accessories
WATT Njet Jet - loose + isometrics / accessories

SAS Blades - loose + isometrics
Terror Bande Roter Laser - loose + isometrics / accessories
Terror Bande Roter Lenker - loose + isometrics
SATT Falke - loose + isometrics / accessories
SATT Seewolf - loose + isometrics / accessories
ATT Rader - loose + isometrics / accessories

Z Force Commander - loose + isometrics [zip variant]

Die Terror Bande Power Truck - loose + isometrics / box / blueprints & instructions
SATT Nautilus - box
ATT Turbo - box / blueprints & instructions
TSATT Tiefengleiter - loose + isometrics
WATT Nahkampf-Schlitten - box / blueprints & instructions
WATT Raumgleiter - blueprints & instructions

Cobra FANG - loose + isometrics

The Baron's Revenge cassette - sleeve scans
Dave Tree
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.

Postby Dave Tree » 10 Feb 2015 14:14

I was working on one, then kinda got guzumped
The Adventures of All The Cool Stuff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-C ... 5936130063
Quickfire

Postby Quickfire » 11 Feb 2015 22:24

Dave Tree wrote:I was working on one, then kinda got guzumped
WAIT, WUT? GAZUMPED BY WHOM? :shock:

PS. Don't forget to vote :)
Quickfire

Postby Quickfire » 12 Feb 2015 21:18

Dave Tree wrote:I was working on one, then kinda got guzumped
WAIT, WUT? WHO IS THE GAZUMPER? CONTEXT? LITIGATION? COPYRIGHT? UNLIMITED FUNDS? :shock:

PS. Don't forget to vote :)
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1

Postby The Baron » 13 Feb 2015 17:46

I hope that's not aimed at me. The only reason I decided to do the guidebook was so that all of my preparation work on the DVD didn't go to waste.

Return to “Polls”