Shadowtrak variant part

Action Force, Red Shadows, SAS, Z Force, Q Force, Space Force... we love them all!
OllyOrc
Sergeant
Sergeant

Shadowtrak variant part

Postby OllyOrc » 06 Jul 2020 22:13

Whilst researching the shadowtrak prototype that Newswseller kindly sold me awhile back, featured in the link below ->
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15143

I noticed a new variant (not mentioned on BFTB as far as I could search for), as there are 2 different production Shadowtrak tow hooks.

The English/French window box version that has an angled end and the Spanish window box version (Sombre Rojo) that is square ended like the prototype & box pictures.
Shadowtrak Production Comparison.jpg
Shadowtrak tow hooks.jpg
Shadowtrak tow hooks side.jpg
Shadowtrak tow hooks underneath.jpg
Comparison loose.jpg
Early days of investigation and would love to verify more windows & picture boxes. French picture box says Vuitre and figure/parts bagged separately and Spanish picture says Buitre with everything bagged together, as looks like later picture box releases both used the newer angled version.

Spanish
Spanish Buitre all bagged together.jpg
French
My French.jpg
Long shot but I found what looks like a 7x marked on the bottom of the square end tow hook which reminded me of the mark inside the Shadowtrak prototype
tow hook mark 7 X.jpg
Prototype mark 7 x.jpg
mark.jpg
mark.jpg (9.8 KiB) Viewed 143 times
The Kraken Wakes
SCREEEEEEE!
SCREEEEEEE!

Re: Shadowtrak variant part

Postby The Kraken Wakes » 24 Jul 2020 09:33

These two variants should be in the book pics and also pics Jim has for the forum update.
twitter - @thekrakenwakes / @BIronblood
instagram - THE_KRAKEN_WAKES